Spanish for Tourism & Hotel ManagementDegree: Certified Spanish for Tourism Professional
Traditionally, Spanish and Latin American people have had an intrinsic, and fascinating cultural and personal interest in this part of Europe: South Tyrol with its landscape, folklore, and heritage. But, such interest in terms of tourism and travel to our region has often been hampered, apparently, by an insurmountable barrier: language and communication. Therefore, which better way to opening our doors and offering our hospitality, products and services to the Spanish-speaking world than that of learning their language and culture? That is indeed the purpose of this course: a fast, natural, and intuitive method of learning Spanish language and culture.
Most of the learning procedure will be attained working orally (speech patterns) withing groups and teams.
While the course is open to all good-willing adult participants, a CEFR A2 level of Spanish is advised, nonetheless, even beginners are truly welcome since a “learning by doing principle” will be applied to class work.
- Greeting guests and introducing oneself
- Understanding and using basic conversational phrases
- Describing amenities and services offered by the hotel
- Handling check-in and check-out procedures
- Making reservations and taking orders
- Giving directions and recommendations for local attractions and restaurants
- Dealing with complaints and conflicts
- Providing information about local culture and South Tyrolean customs
- Using basic business terms and phrases
- Reading and understanding hotel documents and contracts
- Using numbers and making calculations for billing purposes
- Describing different types of rooms and rates
- Using polite and professional language
- Learning common phrases used in the hospitality industry
The lecturer is a highly experienced and skilled professional who brings a wealth of knowledge to the classroom. As a mother tongue speaker of both English and Spanish, he has a deep understanding of the language and is able to teach it to students with great proficiency. Additionally, his experience in various industries both in Europe and overseas has given him a unique perspective on business practices and communication, which he shares with students. In addition to Spanish and English, the lecturer speaks both Italian and German, which allows him to cater to a diverse group of students. He has previously offered courses and consulting services to numerous companies and industries.
NEVER MISS A COURSE AGAIN
Subscribe to our newsletter.
For updates on courses and events.